Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hi...

One of my Bridesmaids, Ashley, and myself before my wedding on August 1. 2009

Hi, my name is Megan Malone and I've been a Nanny for almost 13 years of my life. Throughout that time period I have learned a lot about baby mannerisms, easier way of doing the every day tasks, and also how to manage my emotional state when times get tough. I don't have children of my own, but hope to very soon, and some people might think "what could she know? she's not even a mom!". And they are right, I'm not a mom, but I have been taking courses in Nanny-hood for more years than some of you have even been moms. The experience I have acquired since my first Nannying opportunity is education that you can't get from any college degree or any major university. Its education you simply gain from day to day interaction. I have been a fan of children my whole life. Watching them learn new things and growing into little adults. I've also learned many helpful tips that I will post daily.

This site is for all you new parents out there, or parents to be, that have those silly questions that you don't know who to ask. I'm here for you to rely on, call on, and lean on when you need some one to talk to. I'm also here for in-home consultations, or house calls. If you're having a hard time getting the little one on a schedule and getting him/her to sleep through the night, maybe I can help. Or how about those moments when you can't figure out why he/she is crying...call me and we can figure it out together. I'm here to be a friend, not here to judge. Also, those moments when you want to cry along with the baby, having someone to call and vent to is sometimes exactly what you need.

A little bit more about me. I went to school and received my associates degree in math, I love figuring things out, working out problems, and i'm a number person, details are my thing. I then went onto Kansas State University to persue a career in Architecture. Took courses for four years and decided I wanted a break. Needed time for me and my passion, family. Went back home to be close to family, shortly after fell in love, moved to California and got married. And here I am today! Happier than ever, living in LA and with the man of my dreams.

I was inspired to start this line of work due to a gentleman asking me such a simple question, that at the time I thought was so weird that he didn't know the answer, but after time I figured that there are probably a lot of new dads out there with the same simple questions. I was on a walk with the little guy, Cooper, that I currently watch and this man came up to me and asked "how long did it take for you to do that". I assumed he meant, how long it took me to walk around the neighborhood that we were in, so I answered "twenty minutes". And he looked at me confused, and he asked again, "no, how long did it take til you were able to put him in a stroller". At the time, Cooper was 7 months old, and I took a moment to answer and I said, "if the weathers nice, and baby's healthy, you can take her for walks any time after birth. its a good way to get her out and around new things, and most babies love being outside." He responded, "thats great! my baby girl is cranky often and would probably like a walk." I felt so good the rest of that walk, having helped that gentleman and also helped the baby girl. I'm sure she's loving her walks with daddy. And honestly, since that moment, I've been wanting to help anyone else that might have a question.

Don't hesitate to write or call. The purpose of this blog is to inform you and be there for you and your baby.

I'm available 24/7. 620.224.6957.

No comments:

Post a Comment